Frank was born and raised in Malden, MA to children of Italian immigrants. He was raised in the same home that his Italian grandparents built. All four of his grandparents arrived to America in the 1920s from Avellino. His maternal grandfather was Cataldo and married DeMaria, while his paternal grandfather was Addivinola who married Pironti. Growing up, Frank experienced a strong influence of Italian heritage and culture.
Frank graduated from Williams College majoring in Biology. He earned his ALM (Master of Liberal Arts) from the Harvard Extension School, MBA & MS from the University of Maryland and MS in Biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University.
For six years, Frank worked and taught in biomedical research as a doctoral candidate and fellow in Molecular and Cell Biology with dissertation advisor Nobel laureate Marshall Nirenberg at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. He graduated from Suffolk University Law School where he received his JD and then Master of Laws in Biomedicine and Health Law. Frank is currently a doctoral candidate in the Law and Public Policy program at Northeastern University.
Frank has extensive teaching experience at undergraduate and graduate level which includes law and public policy, life sciences and medical ethics. Since graduating from Williams, and continuously during his career, Frank owned and operated several businesses. Frank and his wife Angelica live in Boston and own an educational publishing company. They love travelling and travel through Italy extensively to enjoy and absorb Italian culture. Frank and Angelica enjoy opera, ballet, classical music and theater. While at Williams, Frank participated in a month–long opera tour though Europe arranged by the music department.
Frank has an extensive record of public service. He received an outstanding volunteer award from the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. He volunteered as a career counselor for high school and college students and has been active in local community activities. Frank has volunteered in local courts and provided pro bono legal services to individuals in need of legal representation.
Frank is very active in many Italian and civic organizations, which include:
- Order Sons of Italy in America (OSIA), Renaissance Lodge (Director)
- Pirandello Lyceum (Life member)
- Italian Heritage Month (Director)
- Freedoms Foundation (Director and Life member)
- Justinian Law Society (Member)
- The National Italian American Foundation (Member)
- National Italian American Bar Association (Member)
- Middlesex Deputy Sheriff’s Association (Member)
- Worcester County Reserve Deputy Sheriff’s Association (Member)
- Disabled and Limbless Veterans (Life member)
- Harvard Club Boston (Member)
- Harvard Club of the North Shore (Member)
- Harvard Club of Andover (Applicant interview committee)
- BA in Biology, Williams College
- ALM in Biology, Harvard University Extension School
- MS in Technology Management, University of Maryland University College
- MS in Biotechnology, Johns Hopkins University
- MBA, University of Maryland University College
- JD, Suffolk University Law School
- LLM in Biomedicine & Health Law and in Intellectual Property, Suffolk University Law School